Recent Posts

Monday, March 15, 2010

Tattle Tales

From my good friend Cassie. If you have more than one, chances are you have this problem as well.
"I am about at my wits end! My sweet little girls have become little tattle boxes lately. You know the old, "She hit me", "She looked at me funny", "She won't help me clean up".... really I could go on all night. I tried ignoring the more minor ones, but then I feel like my kids might think that they can't come to me if there is a problem, but I feel if I do respond that they will think "Yes, victory is mine!" and jump at the chance to get revenge on their sibling. You know what I mean? Does anyone have any advice for curbing tattling? I am all ears!"

3 comments:

Amber said...

Oh my goodness I need advice on this one too. Just in the last month we have started experiencing this same problem. So while I wish I had answers, I need help too!!

The Catmull Crowd said...

me too! Big problem over here!

Amber said...

Oh I was hoping someone had some good ideas about this. The hard thing for me is I want my kids to tell if they are doing something truly naughty or truly dangerous (example: playing with matches or something) But then I don't want them to tattle over little things. How do you teach them the balance?