Recent Posts

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Chinese Jump Rope

Hello out there! I know, I know. I've been a complete blog slacker recently. We have just been having nice weather and I have been working on lots of other projects. To be honest, my attention span for this blog is lacking a bit right now. I've been doing this blog for almost a whole year now and it just has never became as useful as I was hoping. In my mind I visualized it as somewhere we could post our questions and get tons of responses and ideas and solutions and it just hasn't quite panned out like that as of yet. Anyway, I am trying to decide right now what to do with the blog. Here are my options. 1-Keep going like I'm going. 2-Put in a lot of work to attract readers so we can (hopefully) get a lot more comments and ideas and increase the usefulness of the blog. or 3-Take a break for a while until I get my motivation back. 


In the meantime, my cousin sent me this question a few weeks ago and I am just now getting around to posting it. Told you I am a slacker! Lets reach back into the recesses of our brain, back to the time of recess and playing with the neighborhood kids and see if we can help her out. 


"I have all girls, they are, sometimes, fascinated at games I remember playing when I was young.  I loved playing Chinese Jump Rope, but my mother memory has failed me, I don't remember much.  The best instructions I have seen have been on these websites. 
http://searchwarp.com/swa11742.htm
http://www.gameskidsplay.net/games/other_games/chinese_jump_rope.htm
I also remember doing regular (feet side by side), wide (feet apart) and skinny (the elastic being in only one foot). Does anyone remember anything else?  Mores rules, order, etc.?"

4 comments:

Becky R. said...

I'm trying to remember what we used to do, I loved Chinese Jumprope when I was a kid! I remember we would grab, say, the right side of the rope with your left foot and pull it over the left side and then jump out, or do a diamond with both feet pulling the ropes in the opposite direction. I don't know if this is making any sense...or jump with both feet and take one side of the rope with you so it makes a triangle then jump out.

I like this blog Amber, but maybe not enough people know about it. I don't know. I'll put a plug in on my blog for it though!

Abbie said...

I don't remember ever learning how to play Chinese jump rope, but when I typed it into YouTube a ton of videos popped up. You might check out some of those.

Delaina Marie said...

Hello,
Your sister Amy showed me this blog when I was looking for ideas for my first Thanksgiving dinner and I have been checking it every now and then ever since then. You have cool craft ideas and recipes and all the cool tips for kids I send to my sister-in-law to help her with my little niece. It's really helpful and it'd be great if you continued it!

Lindsey said...

I forgot about chinese jump rope. I love it! Becky remembered a lot! All the stuff I could remember was on those sites. I just skimmed them so I hope I'm not repeating, but you can also start at the ankle and then if you pass all the phases, then you move it up to the knees and try to make it through them at that height.